TFFI Terms & Conditions
1. This, The TFFI Terms & Conditions, is a Contract; Parties. By submitting the Registration Form to The Forensics Files, LLC (TFF) through this website, you agree to be bound by the TFFI Terms & Conditions, which constitute a contract between you and TFF. You also manifest your agreement to this contract by permitting the child, ward, or minor who you are a parent or legal guardian of ("the child" or "the camper" or "campers") to attend TFF's summer camp, TFFI. By allowing the child to enroll in our debate camp, TFF satisfies its obligations under this contract. TFF has made, and hereby makes, no representation of the quality or nature of the services provided at its summer camp TFFI. This Contract disclaims any prior representations about the quality or nature of the services provided at the summer camp, TFFI, by TFF or its agents or a person appearing to be acting as TFFI's agent. Bringing the child, camper, or campers to TFFI on any day also is an independent manifestation of your agreement to this contract, and constitutes acceptance of these TFFI Terms & Conditions by performance.
2. Standard Provisions. The laws of the State of Texas apply to this contract; this contract shall be construed according to the laws of the state of Texas. This is the whole contract between the parties. No other contemporaneous or previous communication or representation is part of this contract. This agreement may not be modified except by a writing signed by both parties that clearly refers to these TFFI Terms and Conditions. Any dispute arising out of this transaction shall be filed as a lawsuit in a state court in Bexar County, Texas. If any part or provision of this contract is determined to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the parties intend all other paragraphs, provisions, words, punctuation, etc., to be given effect.
3. WAIVER OF LIABILITY & RELEASE OF CLAIMS. YOU AND THE CHILD AGREE TO WAIVE ANY CLAIM AND YOU AND THE CHILD MIGHT HAVE AND THAT MIGHT ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE FORENSICS FILES, LLC, OR ITS AGENTS, IN OPERATING THE SUMMER CAMP, IN SUPERVISING THE CAMPERS, OR IN ANY OTHER CONDUCT RELATED TO THIS CONTRACT. YOU ALSO AGREE YOU AND THE CHILD ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO ATTENDING A SUMMER CAMP, AND THAT YOU WILL READ, AND ENSURE THE CHILD READS, UNDERSTANDS, AND COMPLIES WITH, ALL OF THE TFFI TERMS & CONDITIONS.
4. Legal Representatives' Agreement. By filing any lawsuit relating to this agreement, TFF's summer camp TFFI, bodily injury, or negligence of a party relating to TFF's summer camp TFFI, all lawyers representing you or TFF agree to attach The TFFI Terms & Conditions to the suing party's original petition. A lawyer who files a lawsuit on behalf of either party agrees to be abound by this paragraph (#4), individually and as an agent of the law firm the lawyer works for. If a lawyer or law firm bound by this paragraph fails to attach the "TFFI Terms & Conditions" to the original petition, the lawyer and the lawyer's law firm agrees to stipulate said failure is a breach of contract and to stipulate that the purpose of this paragraph is to further the public policy of preventing any lawyer from avoiding the early dismissal procedure the Texas Legislature has mandated, and the Supreme Court of Texas adopted in Texas Rule of Civil Procedure 91A. If a lawyer or law firm bound to this paragraph breaches this paragraph, the bound lawyer and law firm agree to pay any attorney's fees that more likely than not would have been awarded pursuant to Rule 91A had the bound lawyer or law firm complied with this paragraph.
5. Photo/Video-recording Agreement. You agree that TFF, its agents, and its assignees have the right to photograph and video-record the child during the camp for educational, business, or promotional purposes, so long as such photography or videography does not violate the laws of the State of Texas. You authorize TFF to use any photograph or videorecording of the child and use the child's likeness for educational, business, or promotional purposes.
6. Strict Zero-Tolerance Policy Against "Sneaking-Out," Drug Use & Possession, and Harassment. You agree you will review this paragraph specifically and clearly with the child.
6A. TFF has a zero-tolerance policy for "sneaking out." "Sneaking out" includes intentionally leaving one's dorm room at night while the camper should be in his/her door room for the night, leaving the St. Mary's University campus at any time, or otherwise being in a place they should not be (i.e., not in the dorm, a classroom being used as part of the camp, in the cafeteria, any other place without supervision of an adult affiliated with TFFI, or other unauthorized location).
6B. TFF has a zero-tolerance policy for campers or staff using or possessing drugs and illegal substances.
6C. TFF has a zero-tolerance policy for campers or staff harassing any other camper or staff member for any reason.
6D. The child may be removed under paragraph 7 for any allegation that the child violated paragraph 6 or any of its subparts.
6E. You agree to comply with all camp and University policies and any additional instruction(s) or order(s) of a camp director.
7. Removal of the Child from TFF's Summer Camp TFFI. TFF reserves the right to remove the child from the summer camp and the premises for any lawful reason, including but not limited to disruption of the camp, a failure to comply with our requests, and a failure to comply with these policies. If the child is removed from the camp and are notified of said removal, you agree to promptly make arrangements for the child to be returned to you or your supervision immediately. The parties agree that a failure to make such arrangements within 3 hours of notice to you will be deemed to have not been made promptly.